SuperTuxKart is a Free Download Kart Racing Games Featuring the Linux Mascot Tux
Released: June 2004
Version: 0.9.1 (17 October 2015)
License: GNU GPL
Developer : STK Team
SuperTuxKart, also known as STK, is a free and open-source kart racing video game featuring the Linux mascot Tux. SuperTuxKart is cross-platform, running on Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, AmigaOS 4, AROS, MorphOS and other Unix systems. The latest stable version of the game is version 0.9.1 and was released on October 17, 2015. SuperTuxKart features, since its 0.9 version, an all new graphics engine called “Antarctica”.
SuperTuxKart’s gameplay is similar to Mario Kart but has become more distinctive over time. The characters are open source mascots, with Mozilla Thunderbird being the race referee. The game is may be played by a single player or in local multiplayer mode. Online and networked multiplayer is scheduled to be added in release 0.9.2.
SuperTuxKart has several race modes:
- Story Mode/Challenges: Win races or manage a track under a certain time to master; unlocks karts and tracks
- Single player: Normal Race, Time Trial, Follow the leader, Easter Egg hunt
- Multiplayer: Normal Race, Time Trial, Follow the leader, Three-Strikes-Battle, Soccer mode
- Over 20 tracks and arenas
- Split-screen multiplayer support
- Many game modes
- Grand Prix
- Single Race
- Time Trial
- 3-Strikes Battles
- Fun characters
- Free addons repository
- Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
Minimum System Requirements:
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8xxx, ATI Radeon HD 4xxx or Intel HD Graphics 3000 (no shadows and no global illumination) or higher
- You should have a CPU speed of 1GHz or higher.
- You’ll need at least 512 MB of free VRAM (video memory).
- Disk space: 600MB