Released: 19 July 2010
Developer : Valve
Alien Swarm is a freeware top-down shooter video game by Valve Corporation. It is a remake of the Alien Swarm mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, and it was developed by the original team, who were hired by Valve during the course of the development process.
Alien Swarm is a game and Source SDK release from a group of talented designers at Valve who were hired from the Mod community. Available free of charge, the game thrusts players into an epic bug hunt featuring a unique blend of co-op play and squad-level tactics. With your friends, form a squad of four distinct IAF Marine classes. Plan your attack using an unlockable arsenal of weapons with countless loadout configurations against a wide variety of aliens. Blaze your way through an overrun, off-world colony, eradicating the alien infestation in environments ranging from the icy planet’s surface, to a subterranean lava-flooded mining facility.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP
- Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
- Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
- Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better
- Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card